Saturday, March 24, 2012
Special Education and Math Technology
As a teacher of Geometry CC (Collaboration between special ed and regular ed) I notice my special education students struggle with just paper and pencil. I know there are math videos for them to watch but I want a program that will speak to assist in reading the problem. On most occasions, my students miss the question because they read the problem incorrectly and refuse to ask how. Even if I could get a set of tablets with a preloaded book, I would need a program that could "read" symbols, pictures, and formulas correctly. Does anyone know of any for any type of tablet or iPod or iPhone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Luau in Hawaii!!!
On Hannah's 10th day in America, we took her to Hawaii. You can see that she did not mind.
I had you in mind this week as I searched around for my own apps and resources, but didn't find anything. It seems like you have identified a need and maybe you can develop an app on your own.
ReplyDeleteHere here...on that. When you get a "read" button pass one along to me. I need it too. I spend more time on math reading comprehension than anything else. Let's read the problem...Let's read the problem... Let's read the problem... I say this over and over. I don not think students read directions either!
ReplyDelete